CLOUD MANAGED SWITCHING FOR THE MISSION CRITICAL NETWORK
- All models: 48 port gigabit Ethernet
- All models: 4 × SFP for 1G uplink, non-shared
- MS220-48LP includes 370 W PoE / PoE+
- MS220-48FP includes 720 W PoE / PoE+
- Voice and Video QoS
- Supports Cisco redundant power system (RPS2300)
- Non-blocking switch fabric
- Ultra-reliable, includes lifetime warranty
Power over Ethernet (MS220-8P)
- 802.3af (PoE) 15.4 W per port
- 802.3at (PoE+) 25.5 W per port
- MS220-48LP maximum PoE output: 370 W
- MS220-48FP maximum PoE output: 720 W
- PoE available simultaneously on all ports
- Intelligent PoE power allocation based on device advertisement (LLDP)
- Visibility and control over thousands of ports
- Built-in multi site management
- Zero touch provisioning
Monitoring and diagnostics
- Cable failure testing
- Gateway connectivity testing
- Real time troubleshooting tools
- Email and text message alerts
Built-In Multi-Site Cloud Management
Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- Single pane of glass management of distributed switch deployments, wireless APs, and firewalls across multiple sites through the browser.
- Virtual stacking: manage up to tens of thousands of ports from a single pane of glass.
- Layer 7 OS, client, and hostname fingerprinting.
- Powerful Live Tools such as cable test to isolate physical layer issues.
- E-mail and SMS (text) alerts upon power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Role-based administration and automatic, scheduled firmware upgrades over the web.
- Regular feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from the Meraki cloud.
- No staging deployments
With cloud management, thousands of switch ports can be configured and monitored instantly, over the web. Provision remote sites without on-site IT, deploy network-wide configuration changes, and easily manage campus and distributed networks without training or dedicated staff.
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
The Cisco Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Cisco Meraki switches support rich quality-of-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switches support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization.