802.11ac Wave 2 with Dedicated Security & Bluetooth Beacons
High performance 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR42 is a four radio, cloud-managed 3×3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for next-generation deployments in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels, the MR42 offers performance, security, and simple management.
The MR42 provides a maximum 1.9 Gbps aggregate dual–band frame rate with concurrent 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11n 3×3:3 MIMO radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/ WIPS with automated RF optimization. In addition, an integrated fourth radio delivers Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning and Beaconing functionality. With a combination of cloud management, high perfomance hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features, the MR42 makes an outstanding platform for the most demanding of uses today and tomorrow. These uses include high-density deployments and support for applications like voice and high-definition video.
MR42 and Meraki cloud management: A powerful combo
The MR42 is managed through the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment without training or certifications. Since the MR42 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24/7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if the network encounters problems. Remote diagnostic tools enable immediate troubleshooting over the web, meaning multi-site, distributed networks can be easily managed.
- 3×3:3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 1.9 Gbps dual–radio aggregate frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Full-time WiFi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into office environments