PERFORMANCE-DRIVEN 802.11AC FOR TOUGH, HIGH-DENSITY ENVIRONMENTS
High performance 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR84 is a four-radio, cloud-managed 4×4 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for high-performance next-generation deployments — in high-density environments with tough RF — the MR84 offers perform ance, enterprise- grade security, and simple cloud-based management. A unique industrial design enables flexible installation in harsh outdoor conditions or indoor spaces.
The MR84 provides a maximum 2.5 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization, and a fourth integrated radio delivers Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning and Beaconing.
The combination of cloud management, powerful hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features make the MR84 an outstanding platform for the toughest use cases — including high-density deployments and support for latency-sensitive applications like voice and high-definition video.
MR84 and Meraki cloud management: A powerful combination
Management of the MR84 is handled through the Meraki dashboard, an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment across multiple sites without the need for time-consuming training or costly certifications. Since the MR84 is self- configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24×7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if the network encounters problems. Remote diagnostic tools enable immediate troubleshooting so that distributed networks can be managed with a minimum of hassle.
- 4×4:4 160 MHz MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 2.5 Gbps* dual-radio aggregate frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated BLE Beacon and scanning radio
- Full-time WiFi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Flexible omni- and directional antenna options
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into indoor and outdoor environments
Recommended Use Cases
Outdoor coverage for high client-density corporate campuses, educational institutions, metro Wi-Fi, and parks
- High-speed access to a large number of concurrent clients
- Wi-Fi delivery to locations lacking cable drops via point-to-multipoint mesh
Indoor coverage for industrial and high- density open spaces (e.g., warehouses, auditoriums, event centers)
- Reliable coverage for scanner guns, security cameras, and POS devices
- High speed-access for high-density iPads, tablets and laptops
Zero-touch point-to-point links
- Build a long-distance bridge between two networks
- Extend hotspot networks via mesh while simultaneously serving clients